Sunday, 17 March 2013

Latest Test Impression

Well, that last test was so much easier than I had expected! There were no tricks involved in the questions, since they were either previously shown in lectures or we had the chance to do them in the assignment. The one thing that I am glad that DID not come up on the test was the proof of the limit that was done in class, because the logic involved in some of the steps was not apparent. Before the test, I was asking around people outside the test room whether they were also confused, and many of them were. Since there was no limit proofs on the latest test, I believe that it will definitely come up on the final exam, and I caution everybody who is reading this post to actually analyze that proof if you do not already understand it.

Now that is out of the way, I can finally catch up on the lectures on Algorithm Analysis. One thing that I learned from studying for the 2nd midterm was that studying the lectures in CSC165 is not time consuming like other courses. For example, I only spent around 5 hours studying for the 2nd midterm. I think Algorithm Analysis will only be slightly longer to study for because there are more lectures involved, but otherwise the same approach I used to study for the 2nd midterm should also apply here.

From what I have seen in the lectures, Algorithm Analysis is nothing more than calculating the speed of algorithms. All you are doing is counting how many lines of codes a program has to go through based on the size of a list. I will probably spend three hours sometimes this week to catch up on all the lectures that I didn't bother to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment