Officially, CSC165 ended just last night, but I forgot to make my final post so I am doing it now.
Assignment #3 was pretty much like assignment #2, where you had to prove or disprove several mathematical statements. Compared to #2, #3 was actually even a bit easier, because there were less questions in #3 and also because the structure of the proof was essentially the same as the ones we mastered in the previous unit, except it was applied to different types of problems. The last question was the only part that was troublesome to figure out, but it turned out that the correct way to do the problem was just to literally follow the proof structure shown in the course note. BUT MAN WAS THE COURSE NOTE CONFUSING! I had to go to a help session and a tutorial to clear up the problem, but even then I was still confused whether the solution for the last question was really correct. Well since I already submitted the assignment, it is too late to contemplate it now.
Several people gave me comments about this course before I signed up for it. They warned me that this course is a "homework hell", that "professor don't teach the course well", or that "only smart people can do well". Oh how wrong I was. It turned out that the professor was nice, assignments were straightforward, tests were easy, and the whole course is kind of relaxing. And this blog. This is definitely the most unorthodox academic evaluation I have ever had, but whoever came up with this idea needs to be praised, because having a chance to look at other people's blogs and replying immediately back to the comments of my own blog were definitely something that I enjoyed doing. Overall, I am 100% glad that I took this course at this time of the year. I was lucky enough to meet a professor who can make the students enjoy the course while successfully teach the students computer theory.
Lastly, thanks to all of you who were reading my blog since January. Perhaps in the future (maybe in the second year computer theory course), we might meet face to face. My actual name is not Suzushiro in case you don't know. But if you ever see an Asian guy who is a fourth year life science taking computer science course starting September of 2013, then that would be me, and feel free to say hi to me when you see me.
Well, that ends my last post in CSC165. Take care and goodbye to y'all.
Great Slog,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading it very much, especially the problem solving post.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the course!
Good luck with all your academic endeavours.
Daniel